An ARK silage clamp has a sloping wall at 23 degrees.
This allows for improved compaction across the clamp and along the shoulders because the compacting machinery can work right up to the edge of the panel.
This results in much less waste in these areas.
A silage pit with a sloping wall also allows for safe surcharging of the clamp (piling the silage above the height of the panels) increasing capacity by up to 35% compared with a traditional vertical wall silage clamp.
Each pre-cast panel rests against an earth bank, which eliminates any movement of the panels. The earth banks also provide a safe and stable platform to work on – particularly useful when sheeting the clamp.
ARK Agriculture can also supply a handrail system that is easily fitted to the pre-cast panels improving operator safety even further.
The ARK silage clamp has been approved by the Environment Agency and is fully SSAFO (Silage, Slurry and Agricultural Fuel Oil) compliant.
ARK Vertical Wall Silage Clamps
Our vertical walled silage clamp system is based on a range of vertical L, T and U shaped wall panels, specifically designed for silage clamps and the loadings of modern machinery.
- Our vertical wall panels are supplied in partnership with Europe’s leading silage storage specialists.
- Our vertical walls are specifically designed to store silage and to withstand the loading of modern machinery used on silage clamps.
- Supplied in a range of sizes up to 4m high.
- Our vertical walls do not need extensive foundations or steelwork and can be placed onto sand foundations meaning an almost instant install.
- The ARK vertical wall silage clamps are SSAFO compliant and can be installed by ARK Agriculture.
We can help you with
- The design of your silage clamp to provide the best feed out rate.
- Silage Clamp Regulations and compliance so your new clamp adheres to Environment Agency rules and SSAFO regulations.
- Silage clamp safety.
- Drainage and leachate collection.
- Asphalt flooring for your silage pit.
- Hiring the right ground workers.
We want to help you build your next silage clamp – call us on 01206 585090 or fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch.